WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Just a thought about this comment:

Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
Also, the fact that when a rich man dies it's all "OH NO HE WAS SUCH A GREAT PERSON SOB SOB SOB" but when a bum dies, they just burry him and move on with it. All human life has equal value.
When a famous person passes away, it's most probably because they've done something useful in their that attracted recognition for the society and probably deserved the recognition (not saying this is always the case).

Yet, how do you think a person becomes a bum? Of course I'm sure there's various exceptions where people had something bad happen to them that was out of their control, but I doubt all bums had gotten to that stage by bad luck. Most of them probably became one because they didn't do what they should've done to avoid that kind of position.

I'm not saying that you can put a price on someone's life, and one person's price would be higher than other people, but that's pretty much just how it is. There's a reason why some deaths receive more attention than others, and it's not because we see that human lives do not have equal value.

Edit: ha, Ralath kind of explained it better than me.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 05-24-2009 at 06:31 AM..