View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 06:03 AM   #24
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
You do realize we're in America, correct (sorry, Mikey, heh)? We at least give a nominal nod that we're a nation of free people. Is it freedom if we're not allowed to make choices about what we put into our body without government censure? We don't HAVE to have potato chips, or video games, or marriage, or cars, or police, or airplanes. Let's make them all illegal! Whoo!

You're advocating for the legislation of morality which has time and time again been shown not to work. Weed being illegal isn't a deterrent, as evidenced by the sheer amounts of people being arrested for the possession and use of it. So, why is it illegal? That should be the primary question. Who does it benefit for it being illegal?
It benefits the people who DON'T smoke weed or use marijuana or whatever (can't watch video, so answer is just based on comments).

I don't know about other people, but personally, I would not like to be around people who are high or "relaxed." It scares the sh-t out of me. Even if you argue that you're "in control", how would a bystander know? It even freaks me out seeing people walk around drunk or attempting to drive a car. Call me sheltered or whatever, it's just that I don't want to face these kind of risky situations and I'd rather stay on the safe side. Even if I'm not doing these kind of things, other people who ARE still affect ME.

So if it's illegal, it will most likely dissuade people from trying out weed and marijuana. If there's less people who do weird stuff, then there's less of a chance that they will affect innocent people right? ;/

{ enraya ! }