View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 05:47 AM   #23
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post

And comparing equal rights laws to marijuana laws is a bit extreme IMO. I'm not saying you should always agree with the law, hell, in Virginia, its illegal to have sex in any other position other than missionary. Do you see people in VA making a fuss about it? Its a private thing, keep it to yourself, do it if you want, but if you want it to be something just out on the streets, then people are going to take it differently. But my point still stands, its just a plant, a plant we don't have to have, so who cares if its illegal? Its not the end of the world. But if it discourages even just one person from experimenting with that type of stuff and potentially ending up addicted, if its one less addicting material available to us up front, then I'm fine.

Why don't we make alcohol and cigarettes illegal instead? ;D People can learn how not to be dependent on such things.
You do realize we're in America, correct (sorry, Mikey, heh)? We at least give a nominal nod that we're a nation of free people. Is it freedom if we're not allowed to make choices about what we put into our body without government censure? We don't HAVE to have potato chips, or video games, or marriage, or cars, or police, or airplanes. Let's make them all illegal! Whoo!

You're advocating for the legislation of morality which has time and time again been shown not to work. Weed being illegal isn't a deterrent, as evidenced by the sheer amounts of people being arrested for the possession and use of it. So, why is it illegal? That should be the primary question. Who does it benefit for it being illegal?