View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 05:29 AM   #22
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I think I'd come down fairly in the middle.

I do believe the use of marjiuana is fairly demonized by most all media and official government. Misuse, and not the substance itself lies at the core of what is a dividing issue. Our other legal 'drugs' such as caffeine, nicotine, alcohol (and for some prescription/over-the-counter medicine) as such are also 'fairly' chemically-addictive and/or psychologically but legal never the less. There are people who would benefit from its medical-use, people who would otherwise suffer needlessly.

But there's also the other side, that beneath the rational reasoning that it shouldn't be as bad as it's made out to be, there are the negative consequences and outcomes. People who object to usage of marijuana would have no ground on which to object if there weren't some real horror-stories. People do start marijuana as a first-step kind of drug which leads to harder ones which I think most of us can agree aren't quite so pleasant. People do learn to become dependent and not everyone handles it in quite the same way.

While I won't be condemning anyone for using it (it's your life after all) you won't see me fighting for its legalization either.