View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #110
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ivramire View Post
Oh man, I have a terrible track record of finishing the fantasy series I start reading. Good luck finishing the Malazan Book of the Fallen; I've restarted reading the series from the beginning at least 3 times in my life and managed to get to the 8th book on my last attempt but my interest deserted me about halfway through it.

Got Sanderson's series next on my list, came highly recommended. Did you finish them yourself?
For Sanderson, he's only got 2 books of the Stormlight Archive out so far. He plans on 5, and then another 5? Not sure I understand exactly why he doesn't say 10, there may be a time gap or something like that I guess. I've read both of those and can confirm that they're really good. If you're more accustomed to the gritty style of writing like George RR Martin then you might find his writing kind of juvenile? Not sure if that's the right word, but it's definitely more family friendly and vanilla.

That said, the world itself is very well constructed and believable and the characters are a lot of fun. It's definitely shaping up to be one of the classics.

The only other Sanderson book I've read would be Warbreaker which is a stand alone. However from what I understand, nearly all his books occur in the same universe he calls the Cosmere.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote