View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Pritcher View Post
Club Dead - The third book in the Sookie Stackhouse novels. A guilty pleasure I guess. I got into, was forced into rather, that True Blood show and I'm not a patient man, so I went for the novels after I caught up on the show. Decent books I guess. I have complaints, but they're OK. One of the extremely few instances where I actually prefer the adaptation to the original source though.
Isn't that the truth. I started watching True Blood purely for Anna Paquin's breasts but found it to be a fun little popcorn show. Sex, violence, humor. Between Season 1 and 2 I read the whole book series and the changes they've made from the source material have been amazing. Also, it's enough of a change that even having read the books I'm not entirely sure what is going to happen in the TV series.

As for what I'm currently reading, I've got a few I'm juggling:

Rabbi Jesus by Bruce Chilton

The Structure of Evolutionary Theory by Stephen Jay Gould. I've had this one on my list for a year or more. It's incredibly dense reading. It takes a while to process.

And for my little fluff book to take breaks from the heavy hitting, I'm in the middle of Prime Directive by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens. I've read it a few times now. It's just a good Trek story.