Thread: Bela
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #9
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
To those who believes in certain religions, they do have "proofs" for what they believe in...

You may not understand / agree with their proofs but it doesn't mean it doesnt make sense for others, and just because you can't see the way they think, doesn't make them irrational...

I watched this interview the other day, and it was about a guy who's heavily religious, and it totally believe in science at the same time... he was using science about the universe to explain their religion....

It was really hard to understand, but it was a new perspective non-the-less...
See, the thing is...I do understand how they think. I was raised in an environment that let me get a good perspective on how the mind of a "believer" works. I understand arguments for the existence of supernatural entities. The truth-claims that are made by any religion are faulty at their very core.

Would we give the same credence to someone that says 2+2=6 or that the sky is purple? Would we listen to a person that says they are Napoleon Bonaparte reborn? Would someone that says little men speak to him in his dreams be considered rational? Of course not. It's time we stopped this sort of pathological deference to the absurdity of religion.