View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 03:49 AM   #24
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
That's because the tricks to the trade diminish greatly with each successive generation. It would be interesting to model if provided the data, so I'll assume that each successive generation depreciates such that depreciation d equates to the original depreciation, valued at 15, with d+5n percent per successive generation n, so that:

Efficiency = 100 - (15+5n)

Meaning:

1st Generation: 100% efficiency. CB1 only.
2nd Generation: 85% efficiency. CB1 and/or CB2.
3rd Generation: 65% efficiency. OB with cap at 59.
4th Generation: 40% efficiency. OB with cap at 79.
5th Generation: 10% efficiency. OB with cap at 89. (current)

Let's be realistic. How many of you are willing to grind for ten hours for one level? Not many, right?

Therein is why successive generations fail. They lack the experience derived from the truly extensive gameplay the first generations experienced.

We leveled without many greens, without high enhancement, without the Cash Shop, without the quests, without the money, without the abysses, without complaints. The only thing we had was GM care.

You guys have it all, you realize. Yet not only do the younger generations complain, they also manage their resources poorly. It's a pity OB players never got to experience the caring GMs who didn't interact with players on just the first day of a major patch, but interacted daily, sometimes enhancing for players for no charge. Of course you'll argue that it was CB; nevertheless, however, I highly doubt you'll see Dakkon handing out free buffs. No, he talks with those who suck up and preens himself.

I sound old. Not to mention math geek-like.

But welcome to the truth. Doubtlessly this post gets ignored by all except those who can truly understand.