Old 07-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #13
Lexaeus
Bat

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: FredWeasley, EishunKonoe
Current Level: 3x, 8
Server: Teva, Epith
Lexaeus is on a distinguished road
Get the 25 spr. Crits usually happen very often for me (maybe I'm just lucky) and during the closed beta I went pure int and always ran out of sp though not sure for the later lvls though. The extra 125 sp will help you on your hp if you life tap, stones, pots, and shrooming time.

Crits are sporadic and with the mage's low crit percentages on the weapons getting the spr might seem useless but actually it is more rewarding if you get one which if you get a wand with 3% crit or a green one with like 5% then you have 1-2% crit earrings and the extra 5% will give you around 9-15% crit. That means around every 6-10 hits you will do a crit.

Int just gives more magic damage and is more consistent.
Spr gives extra sp and gives you crits which are sporadic but more helpful.

A hypothetical situation
25 int would be like (in 10 hits) 830*10=8300
25 spr would be like 800*9=7200 + the crit one 800*2=1600
7200+1600=8600

The 25 spr will help you deal more damage plus give you more sp therefore having a more helpful effect than the 25 int. Plus if you crit chain you will deal even more damage (this happens often on my cleric).

So all in all int gives consistent damage while spr is like a gamble but the rewards are far greater. Life is really just a game of chance so I would choose the 25 spr rest int mage over a pure int mage anyday.