View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Like a kid in a candy store

So yeah, I finally upraded from my poor old video card to something a bit more potent. It's not exactly bleeding edge stuff, but it's pretty much as good as it gets without upgrading my motherboard since I'm still stuck with AGP for now and I wasn't quite willing to make the jump to PCI-E yet.

I was basically only expecting a modest increase in FPS in most stuff I play and maybe the ability to play some new stuff at lower end settings. What I got however, was a frickin beast of a card that can seemingly handle damn near anything thrown at it. It's likely added a couple years worth of use to my old system. I can play everything I used to play at low settings at the maximum settings now without a hitch and it even handles newer stuff along the lines of Crysis, Bioshock, Fallout 3, etc... at medium to highest settings and resolutions while maintaining a very respectable framerate.

Needless to say, I was elated. A whole new world of gaming has suddenly opened up for me and because of that I've only slept about 4 hours in the last 3 days or so...

So anyway, I think I've got a good bead on most of the good stuff, but if anyone has any suggestions of some newer, (like in the last year or two), pc stuff that I've overlooked and that is worth taking a look at, let me know. I'm in a total gaming consumption mood atm. I've got multiplayer pretty much covered; I'm looking more for good single-player campaign stuff.

The stuff that I couldn't play before and I've either played now or is already on my list:
Call of Duty 4/World at War
GTA 4
Gears of War
Unreal Tournament 3
Crysis/Warhead
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Chronicles of Riddick: Butcher Bay/Dark Athena
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE