View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 08:45 AM   #35
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
My sister is a shining example. She's birthed 10 babies. Doesn't have custody of a single child now. When my nephew Will was born, he was born addicted to crack which resulted in her immediately losing custody of him. Custody was handed over to my parents, and they knew a couple that had been waiting years to adopt, so when my parents were granted full custody, they legit went to her and were like "So um... you want a baby?" They already had custody of 4 of their grandkids, and a 5th was too much to handle.

It was an open adoption, so he's still in contact with all of us he seems like a happy kid, really close with his parents, good relationship with them.

I think my family life is why I feel this way.
I can see where you're coming from. However, don't let that discourage you from having your own child. You're not your sister. At least you kind of know what you're in for and what you must do to raise one. I don't think the patients I've seen were remotely aware of the complex requirements of being good parents. In a way, I don't blame them. They themselves were usually the results of complicated upbringing and their adulthood was the expected evolution of that. I sometimes wish the government implemented some sort of reproductive restrictions on these people but the human rights group would be kicking up a storm. In the end, the babies are the victims of this political correctness. And what does society do for them? Nothing. Seen enough teenagers who are in government custody to know that the system failed them even before they were born.

-------------------------------------------------
lamchopz is offline   Reply With Quote