View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
De Facto may seek Spouse Maintenance

A new law has passed for Aussies...

Quote:
Love cheats may pay for affairs
Claire Lowe
November 12, 2008 - 9:49AM

Extramarital affairs could really cost you, with new laws set to allow ex-lovers to get money out of their former partners through the courts.

Changes to the Family Law Act could also threaten the bank balances of polygamous husbands or others with a string of former partners should they decide to take legal action.

These changes, passed in the Senate yesterday, will grant de facto partners together for two years the same rights as married couples when seeking spousal maintenance.
Full Article

So if you live with someone for 2 years or more, and you want to break up, there's a chance they can take you to court and demand a spousal maintenance.

Seems a bit scary. So many young people nowadays lives together, all of a sudden after a 2 years mark (which I think is pretty short), they could potentially be locked in legally, and they wouldn't even know it.

In a way, this gives same-sex couples the same rights as married couples if a relationship's gone bad. But are they over doing it a bit with this new law?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...