View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Server: Teva
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road
ok, I have ran a few test of this and from what I see, well, it works.

It does work to get the job done and it will create the table. The code it generates is passable, but that is about all I can say for the code. It is very much the bare basic that you need, very hard to read or edit in the code form. A few of these problems can be avoided thought, if your using Word and doing tabs for a table put a space before and after the tab so that when converted there will be a space before and after the information inside the cell. Please note it does not change colors and things like that you will have to do all that stuff by hand.

But when you have raw data and you need to get it in Wiki format fast, I would say, use this, it works. But please tweek the tables a little bit before coping to the wiki, Icy will be having a fit if the code it generates starts popping up everywhere.

So the review is,
As a Converter - I'll give it a 9, Raw data to Wiki code can be a pain and it will convert it very fast.
As a Editor - You can decided. You have to go in and add all the niceties by hand and when you have a big table that can be a headache within itself. Now if you use the replace function (find "|" and replace with " | ", followed by find " | -" and replace with "|-") it will speed things up very much.

This and Find/Replace function is a decent Wiki editor. By far the best I have seen since it is the only one I have seen, lol.
Gandalfa82 is offline   Reply With Quote