View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
Why does the government pay for your school? Are they doing it in hopes you'll bring back the knowledge and apply it to your home country? Because isn't it a common issue where people end up not leaving their home country permanently? "brain drain"? Sounds like it'd be fun and terrifying going to another country for your studies, hope it's been a positive experience for you though!
Yes. While most students abroad can't find any jobs because the knowledge they took is not used here yet, I'm very positive that the system will change soon.

As for permanently leaving, many people do in fact stay in their desired country for a VERY long time. My agent has been in Canada for 10 years, and she didn't go back home once. Thank you! :'D
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
That's wonderful to hear sparky! To have the opportunity to study aboard and see everything around it!

Do you get to Skype your family? Must be difficult to leave such a close family...

Do Canadian schools have coincide their holidays with Ramadan? Otherwise won't you miss out on school when you have your vacation?
Thanks.

I do get to skype with my family, possibly every weekend or every 2-3 days.

No, they don't. When I have an official day off from the government, I usually ask the teacher if there's something important I'll miss out, if so, I attend school and ignore the day off. If not, then yaaaaaaaaay! As for a month vacation, I try and manage to finish a term before I leave (which I managed to do this time!) so I won't miss out much unless it's a completely new term.
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote