View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #13
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
Server: Teva
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
oh i know. but right now i'm mostly party tanking, so i just stick with 1h and shield. when i want to solo, i quick switch back and forth between the two. I hit the mob with slice and dice, switch to axe and use fatal slash, bone slicer, and power hit, then switch back to 1h and shield and use bone slicer one more time. most mobs my level are only a couple of hits away by then.

As most people in here have stated, the axe really shines when you are spamming skills as there is no delay in that. When i am solo grinding that is what i use my axe for, and use my 1h and shield for the rest of the fight. If i am trying to lay out pure DPS, i still stick to my axe as it is out DPSing my 2h sword (which is in concurrance with LFK's figures)

however, according to him, around level 40, i'll be using my 2hsword for pve grinding as it will out dps the axe.

and this makes sense why jeneatbelmont uses a 2h sword. i always thought it odd she didn't have an axe. but at her level, the 2h sword out dps's the axe.