View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
Kachan
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Muriel/Novax
Current Level: 34/22
Server: Apoline, baby!
Kachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Kachan Send a message via MSN to Kachan
Rollerblading?! :D

So, I'm taking up rollerblading, and I would just like some tips. Finding my center of gravity, not being afraid of falling down, and most of all.. STOPPING! ^__^

I used to rollerblade.. but I never knew how to stop. So, I never went out. xD But, I'm taking it up again, because I need some kind of excercise that isn't harsh on my feet [ running ] or requires extreme hard work [ gymnastics ]. Something that's cool. ;D So, I chose to rollerblade, because you basically just glide, but you still work out. And you can use it in daily life! I know.. it's kind of like riding a bicyle all over again. xD But hey, I gotta start somewhere. I bought some pretty good skates. Women's Rollerblader? I dunno, but it was around 60 bucks, and my dad had to buy it, so I NEED to learn.

Oddly enough, after I was doing some pilates on my thighs, I got increasingly better at my coordination when I practiced with my skates only the second time! xD; Weird, huh? Stopping on the break seems still new and hard for me.. since I'm still having a rough time moving. ^^; And the skates are still fairly new to me, so I've just gotta get used to them. What's the longest average time it takes a person to really get a good hold on rollerblading? I mean, sure it could take forever, but AN average? I'm sure I'll out last that average, but a guesstimate if you practice around an hour a day.