Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Originally Posted by Sanastra View Post
I see many threads, talk about mages being under powered. or worse on Outspark forum.. how fighters wipe the floor with us.. This is honestly BS.
No shit.
I believe I've said many times that fighters, even 10 lvls above you,
can be dropped in 2 - 3 hits...

Originally Posted by Sanastra View Post
When to use fear

Now i admitt, i can be wrong about this.. i use fear mainly to save myself incase i havent managed to get far enough, when stifle runs out. sometimes i get enemy to critical hp and take a gamble to try and kill them. which sometimes i loose on. when this happens, i need time to cooldown and mount the next barrage of spells.
i have heard of other ideas that sound equally as viable e.g. cc fear etc. you will all find your own stifle.

Chaincast

Now this to me is my special weapon. Nowdays a fighter is too smart to stand in inferno & frost nova.. or if you try to lay double inferno, the fighter starts to run because they know there limitations.
i wont lie, its only if a fighter is standing in double inferno that a mage outdamages him. however there are ways around this.. its a funny little combo i figured out that completely takes the enemy by suprise. and the best part is.. you dont even need to cast inferno to do it.
you can do it with frostnova aswell fighters dont pay attendsion to Frostnova but seem to be more alert when they see inferno.
Anyways, here is what i do.

the right time to use this combo is when the fighter is on stifle. and his devastate fails to stun all together.

combo: Frostnova OR inferno. CC Magic Eruption/burst (cant remember what its called on OS fiesta).

yes am not lying, magic burst. when you do this combo its prettymuch = to a fighter doing stack damage.
Fighter takes the damage of 3 powerful spells in under 2 seconds, leaving them pretty confused as towards what just happened.

Dont give them time to get there heads around it. blast them with fireball and magic blast combo. stone heals/pots honestly will not be fast enough.

AOE'S
This is my wall. i use it defensively. i try as manytimes as i can, to lay frostnova and inferno at my feet before blasting the fighter.
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TRY TO LAY AND AOE WHEN STUNNED.. i dunno if this happens on OS.. but if you do it when stunned on EU fiesta.. you end up stuck for like 12seconds. unable to move at all. by the time you get out of it. fighter is just about ready to devastate again.

Distance Gaining Spells

The combonation is simple and the heading shows its purpose.

IB,LB/LBst. if more distance is needed. use spells such as spell steal. and that manage killing one (cant remember name)
It is rare that i use any of those 3 spells to be honest, after being able to combo magic blast& fireball. the rest of the spells seemed pretty uneeded.

Ill leave others to explain styles of play in more detail.

You judge others style of play and tell us we're wrong.. yet your way of "dropping people" seems very slow to me. All this aoe bull shit... your mage should be so powerful the opponent drops after 6-7 spells... which was usually the case unless I was fighting a CS whore.

On the countdown before you 1v1 pop your chain cast.
When the battle begins hit your fear, fireball, - insert what ever spells you use here - and if they arnt dropped by the 3k hits you've just done, pop the other fear.. by the second fear 90% of players are dead.

Only time I would ever use your way of fighting, and bothered to waste the time to drop aoe's was when I was fighting a cleric, as for they have naturally good M.Def and don't die as easy when feared.

Don't think your so godly, because I highly doubt you are

Last edited by MikeyG; 05-14-2009 at 03:01 PM..