View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 07:45 PM   #8
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
Taylor can't sing and her performances are bad but she makes great songs, she's talented in that aspect.
Might be wrong but aren't all these songs kind of mass produced? Like there's a whole bunch of writers/and or songwriters that go into making the song. Often includes the artist as well, but just take a look at this guy for instance - seems to be behind nearly all popular pop songs right from the '90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin

I also heard something about how "We can't stop" was originally written for Rihanna but she passed on it so Miley Cyrus kind of picked it up and went with it. This is a little bit why I can't get into most of the pop songs these days. It sounds extremely pretentious but even though the song sounds catchy and pleasant - and I will listen to them don't get me wrong - it doesn't feel "authentic" to me, doesn't feel like something the artist genuinely wants to communicate or anything.

And that's fine for the most part, not every song has to be some deep and meaningful thing but yeah that's my thoughts.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Last edited by Vasu; 08-31-2015 at 07:48 PM..
Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote