View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #32
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by O-mie View Post
So initially, the name rule is what caused them to do what they did, and recieve their ban, because they felt truly that they should be able to say what they wanted to say.
Let’s look at the potential here:

So initially, the "No Drinking & Driving" rule is what caused them to "Drive real fast while Drinking and kill that innocent person crossing the street", and receive their "jail sentence", because they felt truly that they should be able to "Drink and Drive" if they wanted to.

Yes, that IS an extreme. But the point is: You don't justify breaking a rule by breaking another. She is NOT justified in breaking the second rule (spamming) because she disagrees with the first rule (naming).

While its pretty open to say you and I do not see eye to eye, I didn't say a word of this to approach you. Like everybody else who spoke up about this, I do not agree with this rule. It wouldn't have mattered if kt banned her, or fullback or rightclaw or yosei. I'd have still said what I said.

Everybody else who spoke up about this has NOT said they do not agree with this rule. Some has spoken out in favor and some against.

Maybe you should trust your community a little more. >_> And with people who think "The mods should make the rules" sorry but...the mods are not the community. This whole thing screams fascism, to be honest,
Fascism: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
Democracy: government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

This matter has been put out to open discussion, not exactly fascist way of doing it. And the mods were also nominated by the community and there was a lot of discussion about who the community wanted in those positions.

You may not recall all that since that was probably during you DOMA hiatus. But I don't think the majority of the people in this forum have any serious issues with any of our mods and the actions they have taken or may have to take, save a very very small handful with personal issues or a really stubborn streak.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Lady-Loki is offline   Reply With Quote