View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #27
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
But where does he get the money to eat for those 10 days? A loan? Why is he given a loan when he doesn't have any collateral to show for it?
He could very well be given a credit card, as his payslip will show that his income is greater than his "usual" expense, it's not entirely up to the people who lends him money that he will use it in appropriate discretion. And believe it or not, banks LIKE it that you get into debt becoz that means forever interest for them...

Or a nice friend will lend him some money so he can eat for the rest of the month.... on a simpler scale.

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Since when does "need" dictate who gets what? It's earning power that earns you money. I "need" food to live. So if I sit there and "need" it, I won't get it. I need to go "earn" it.
OK i've tried retyping this reply 3 times and i don't think i exactly know what you mean.

There are organisations out there that realise not everyone could EARN their own food, hence they reach into their bank account and lay out for some money/materials for those who cannot afford certain things. Whether it's things that keeps them alive (food) or things that enhance their lives (education).

So, I have my own job, I can afford my own NEEDS, should I still go and ask these generous people for THEIR money too? If I do, for every bit that I take, someone else who doesn't have a job / money will not get the support.

We both NEED the offer, but they need it more than I do... as I have other avenues to support my own need.

Not sure if that answers you, but that's wat my post meant.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...