View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
Helion

Tournaments Won: 35

OK, let's take a look at the skill sets for both -

Guardian gets the new skills of Rebirth (auto revive upon death), plus Dispel Pillar and Dispel Field, which are both debuff removers (healing) spells. Heal and Rejuvenate are the skills that Guardian can upgrade, but HK cannot at L100.

Holy Knight gets Deadly Blessing (crit rate buff), plus Dispel Purge and Purification, which are buff removing spells (offensive). Holy Knight gets to upgrade Bash, Protect, and Endure at L100.

From this, I assume that all other spells that clerics have - the party heals, etc., are shared by both classes. As assumed, Guardian is much more of a pure healer, while Holy Knight is the offensive, clanking type player. The only thing that doesn't make any sense is the weapon choice, with HK getting the weaker mace. However, looking at the L108 maces and hammers that are showing up in stores now, the maces seem to close on the hammers in attack power, maybe my imagination, as I only took a quick glance at them. I will be interested to see what happens when OS releases the T5 perfect enhancing stones to see how the weapons change.

Ultimately, I think the choice comes down to the style you play. Healer, go Guardian, and know that you will need to party virtually all of the time as you get to higher levels. Solo or clanking player, go Holy Knight, with the realization that your healing power will weaken as you hit higher and higher level mobs. The person to talk to would be Slient Wizard, as he has both a Guardian (Doylen) and a Holy Knight (Slient Wizard). However, I haven't seen him post in a very long time.