Thread: -.-
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #7
Vance
Slime

Vance is on a distinguished road
Whinge whinge whinge. So you didn't get offered a job out of the first lot of places you applied to. Here's a handy tip I learned: Go apply elsewhere!

Seriously. People who complain about not getting a job in the first few applications annoy me. Do you realise how many applications these companies receive? I was actually talking to a manager at one of the stores I applied at (not about the job, bugging employers isn't always a good idea), and he was telling me about how the company had received over 5000 applications, for one casual position.

Whilst I'm sure you think you're better than those other 4,999 people applying for that job, the difference is that someone else has clearly portrayed themselves better through their resume, and in some cases (don't take this as an insult), they were likely much more suited to the position than you. Make your resume look better, do something to make an impression on the employer.

And for the love of God, stop the whole "woe is me, I'll have to work in Mcdonalds for the rest of my natural life!" crap. You know what working in Mcdonalds for a year does? Gives you a year's worth of previous employment experience, which is going to look better than nothing.