Thread: Prop. 8 Passed
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #53
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Kyushiro View Post
Really prop 8 was kind of useless, gay people can still become domestic partners and get every right as a married couple, they just can't have like a legal marriage.
I know that a few yesrs ago, my insurance plan at work changed the wording to allow coverage of "partners" as long as you could prove that you were living together as a couple for a certain amount of time. This includes same-sex couples and simply "common-law" couples.

I will point out before I write my next part that I am staying nuetral on this matter, I am simply trying to point it out from all views.

However, the laws still prevent same-sex marriages. It may not seem like a big deal to some, because they can still live together and do eveything as a couple. However, a man and a woman have the right to choose to live together and be recognized as a common-law couple or get married. The laws do not state we have to go one way or another. Yet, with same-sex couples, they do not have that choice and are denied that option. I think that it is more od the principle than the action. Yes, they can still live as a couple, but they cannot make the choice, they are forced to do it that way.

It is the choice they want. To be able to say yes or no to actually getting married. Even though they can still reside as a couple without marriage.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72