View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #30
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
How do you know how many bars Blahs has now? >.> She's hidden her rep.

At any rate, do you even need a gazillion bars?
Is that the point here? I used Blaaahs as an example. Go and pick someone else if it makes you feel better.

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Actually, if I remember correctly. Most of the ones with the high number of bars were pushing to get it reset. If I could find the thread, I know that i made several posts about starting it over would make it fair to all the new members. However, that was back when it was first up for discussion. The fact still remains, that those of us that have been on the forums for over a year and tend to answer a lot of people's questions, will have higher bars. My last 15 or so reps have been because I answered questions. If you are helpful, people tend to rep you for it.
Like I said, I'm not saying whoever has their reps doesn't deserve them. Let me give an example. Before the change, let's assume you helped 10 guys who all repped you and thanked you for your help. After the change, someone else goes and helps the same 10 again, who once again thank that someone else and rep him/her. But this someone else hasn't gained as much rep as you for the same service despite the fact that the same 10 repped him/her.

Obviously, older members have higher reps if they've been helpful. It would be foolhardy not to acknowledge that. However that's besides the point, like I said in my example, a newbie who's been repped as much as you, doesn't get anything close to as much rep as you.

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Also, Vasu, the last time FF had a vote, you were a member then. And yet, you didn't vote because you weren't active at the time. That doesn't seem exactly fair either.
This once again Ralath, is beside the point. Yes, I was inactive, and didn't vote. And I wouldn't have voted if I was active, because neither of the two options is what I want. A wipe-out of rep is unfair to the old members who've amassed large amounts of it over time. And not changing anything is unfair to the newer members. So what I am suggesting is what Hessah said below.

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I think Vasu is trying to say we should reduce our "old" nuggets to wat it should be now...

so like.. if i had 20 reps.. on the old system i might have scored 4 nuggets, but on the new system its only 2 nuggets, so my nuggets should come down...
That's precisely what I mean

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
The problem is... I dont think that's technically possible for us... so it's all or nothing... 100% wipe or stay.

Vasu - surely the satisfaction of seeing people say "Thank you for your help!" in your +rep, beats the "Vasu's name is known to all" comment...?

I'm sure most if your reps are from helping around, esp wiki~
Once again, I'm not battling for my personal rep. It just seems to me that you guys have introduced something that further maims the rep system. And I am certainly not suggesting that I want to become famous and renowned.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder