Old 03-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
the Death Penalty

I was reading a thread here a few minutes ago, and the death penalty was discussed in it a bit... it got me thinking, and now i want your guys's opinions on it.

I personally think that you can't respond with violence with violence... it's like what Jesus, Ghandi, Martin Luther King, and Thoreau said. You have to fight back peacefully... people say "fight fire with fire", or in this case "fight hate with hate" and "fight death with death"... but doesnt that just make more hate, and death?

i can understand the position of those who dont want to pay taxes to feed them, and they're rightful in that belief. but still, i dont think that it's a human beings right to take another one's life. And when you do that, you're creating a path which goes back to the times of the old testament... an eye for an eye, and such. And if you're not the better person, going above using killing to solve your problems, how are you really any better than the killer him/herself?

and besides, isnt life rotting away in a tiny cell in solitary confinement a bit worse a punishment than the death penalty?