Thread: The end of OS
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #19
Andromeda
Spider Pig

http://news.priorsmart.com/parallel-...outspark-l7zX/

Quote:
It would appear that Outspark was sued on February 1st for using a patented method for caching data between users, the server, and the users ISP on their servers. Upon being sued, they realized that they could possibly lose a lot of money as well as other things (servers, data.. etc..) and decided to sell out what they had to Gamigo, a foreign company, which would not be affected by U.S. laws. Whether or not Outspark was guilty of the offense seems quite debatable to me however, it is what it is. After researching a bit, it seems this company (SharedParallel Networks) is a very sue happy company that grasps at whatever straws they can get (Just Google the company's name and you will understand what I mean by 'sue happy'...). So, did Outspark do the right thing? For those of you that play Fiesta I think you should be grateful for them selling their license to Gamigo. It was quite a wise decision on their part. They saved our precious NA Fiesta Server data (i.e, your hard work and money..), pocketed some money, and destroyed any such evidence that could possibly be found to convict them guilty of breaking the patent. As much as we'd love to say Outspark didn't care, facts show otherwise guys. If they didn't care they could have let the game go under, but instead they did what they could to keep the game alive.
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote