Thread: Quite Sad
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I wish I hadn't seen it the video D: the one I saw earlier didn't spare the details in the video. I ended up covering my eyes when I saw the truck driving over her.

There may be slight cultural differences but I doubt this should reflect China as a whole. I've heard a lot of excuses:

1. The crowd effect where no one does anything because there's someone else around and they assume someone else will take care of it.
2. In Chinese culture, work is of high priority and sadly this man valued his job more than the child.
3. Classic case of hit and run. He realized what he did and took off.

Still it does not excuse him and the driver after that and those who saw the little girl lying around in her own pool of blood who chose to do nothing. I couldn't just walk away from her. I just couldn't. I'd stay by that child's side until I saw that she got the care she needed, even if I didn't know her.

There's also the sad fact that a lot of people don't value children as much as adults. They haven't lived long, they aren't contributing to society, so what if they get hurt and die? No loss for society. Definitely not saying this is what I believe. I had an experience with this earlier. I was talking to someone about an incident with my family and saving a baby and all I got was "So? It's none of your business. It's just a baby and its not yours."
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote