View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #27
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
Why can't I just post my opinion without someone saying something about it? I should've expected it though. Any who, I know Mages better than anyone else seeing as how they're the only class I EVER play. That isn't an exaggeration or a lie, its the truth and as such I know how Mages should be designed. There a lot of games out there that design their Mages right, Fiesta does not.

So what if she can tank mobs and hold aggro? Any Mage can do that with the right equipment. The builds don't even affect us that much and my pure INT build works perfectly fine. I don't think it would matter if it was anything else. In other games, where you allocate your stat points is crucial because even the smallest mistake can screw you over. This game? It doesn't really matter. You can throw all your points into STR as a Mage and you'll still be just as good as every other Mage out there.

Don't give me that crap about Clerics not holding aggro. I had to take on both Mara and Marlone as a Cleric and hold their aggro to prevent others from dying and I did a damn good job of it. Which also means that Clerics can take as well as hold aggro. The only thing they can't do is dish out damage which is what Archers and Mages do. But those two are practically the same exact class but with different abilities. And believe it or not, but Archers are stronger than Mages, physically.

That isn't a big deal because if Mages were strong physically they would have no need for anyone else. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but thats just me. I know no one else would agree with someone like that. I know what Mages can do at any level. I've seen them in action and I have studied up on them. If you're having a hard time finding a group then there are numerous reasons that could explain that. One, not many people like you. Two, most people already have a group which is usually because they're in a Guild. Three, you're not looking hard enough.

There might be other reasons but it really doesn't matter either way. I can kill low leveled mobs by myself too. Its no big deal. But coming back and trying to fight stuff in Moonlight Tomb has proven far more difficult than I want it to be. Why do I still play it if I feel like it is a chore? I don't really. I came back to try and get into it and make some new friends so I can hit the max level and leave this game behind for good. Also, I know my comment about me knowing the most about Mages is bound to ruffle some feathers but there is no other way to say it without sounding like an arrogant prick.

Oh and just for your information, every game is designed with hardcore gamers in mind. There are very few games that are designed to cater to the casual gamer. I say this because if this game were a casual gamer's game then it would be simply to get from point "a" to point "b" with nothing else to do. There would be no quests. There would be no dungeons, Kingdom Quests, or anything of the sort. Your only goal would be to get to a certain level and then just stop. But that isn't the case, now is it?