View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
kanga110
Slime

kanga110 has disabled reputation
My First Love
The warm, benevolent rays from the sun caressed and bathed us in a gentle silken cocoon. The salty crystals from the ocean tickled my olfactory nerves … and her scent, so sweet like a ripened grape freshly plucked from the vineries of Spain intertwined with the smell of the sea. Our hands were together; interwoven bonds of unbreakable love and attraction. There was nothing that could stop us. Nothing could prevent us from being together. Nothing could detract our gaze from one another…

Or so I had thought.

It was a hot scalding summer’s day when I first met her; Pink floral dress, bright red hair in a scrawling mess, running in the school playground. Her cheeks were dampened with sweat and the remains of tangerines were visible on her lips.

I was in love.

My hands screwed tightly into little balls and my head bowed down low as I urged myself to have the courage to talk to her. My heart was a bongo, beating and thudding.

Boom…
BOom…
BOOM!

“Are you okay?” A small, gentle voice startled me from my internal struggle and I gasped in astonishment. It was her! My eyes shot wide and my mouth gaped open as I struggled to make my mouth move. She chuckled as she took my hand and led me to the garden.

“My name is Silver. What’s yours?” she asked, curiously. My mouth gaped open, but once again I could not say anything. It was as if a driving force blocked my voice box and winded me every time she spoke. Her voice was Goddess Teva’s; a beautiful melody gently tickling my ear drums. I noticed that the birds were chirping in sweet mellow tones and the cicadas were vibrating in perfect harmony as we passed by the great oaks that guarded the entrance to the garden. I further realised that my ‘should-be-sweaty-palms-since-it-is-hot-and-I-am-holding-hands-with-my-lover’ were rather cool and dry like holding a glass of water with replenishing ice cubes on a hot summer’s day.

We sat down on a wooden bench in the middle of the vacant park. Well, we tried. (Author comment: Why on earth can’t we sit on benches or chairs in Fiesta? Why do we always have to sit on the ground? X.X) We sat in front of the park bench and stared at the sky; cloudless and a perfect turquoise blue.

The seagulls croaked above as I stared at her bright blue eyes once more. “I…I…” I began as I felt the reminiscing feelings of anxiety I had felt in the past, “I love you.” From that moment on, life felt like a gamble – does she love me? My teeth bit hard into my lips and my eyes bore into hers as I anxiously waited for a response.

Suddenly, I could not breathe. Everything around me was motionless, as if time itself had stopped in its tedious tracks. The sun had stopped shining, the birds had stopped singing and the cicadas could be heard no more. Silver’s mouth hanged in a motionless stir and her eyes had frozen. Then, I realised what had happened.

“You have been disconnected.”

Spark ID: pineapple_crush