Old 05-10-2008, 03:40 AM   #43
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Server: Teva
Manzcar has disabled reputation
I just have to ask, why is it soooooooooo important to name names? Why is it such a needed and wanted thing. Does it make people feel better to name names? To put someones reputation on the line. To use the facts as they see them to get their point accross without the other person having a say in the matter.

This reminds me of my children, all 10 and under, arguing. If I listen to only one side I get a point of view that the person I am talking to at that moment. In their opinion the other child was completely out of line and deserves to be punished. But I have to sit everyone down and find the real truth. And the truth is not really found out without getting the whole story.

Take for instance the "i got scammed by person X for enhancing my weapon" scenario.

If you get the other side of the story you might find out that the enhancer told the person that they will try to enhance for a certain price but there is no guarantee that they can get the job done. The weapon breaks and the enhancer tells the person that it broke and they are sorry but that is life.

Now the person who lost their weapon comes on here and puts up the "i got scammed by person X for enhancing my weapon" and i have proof. The post screenies of giving the enhancer the weapon but they state "I never got it back and he promised i would have a +9 weapon. They lied and are scamming people. Don't trust person X they are a liar and a cheater"

So you obviously only get the one side and you can only believe that side of the story. Now the thread gets around and everyone now believes person X is a liar and a cheater. Person X's guild kicks him out, no one will party, buy, or sell to person X because they are a liar and a cheater.

Yes this is an extreme case, but it is possible just because you can get one side of a story and it will be believable.

All I have heard from those that oppose the rule is that everyone should have the right to name names. That it is a freedom of speach thing (ever heard of slander an lible law suits).

No one has stated what does the rule change accomplish? How does this community benefit from it? How does it make this a better place to be? How does it help me as a player?

Again it brings up the question why is this rule change soooooo important?

LOKI Thanks!!
Manzcar is offline   Reply With Quote