Thread: Keep it Alive!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #14
SKiNG
Hungry Wolf

SKiNG is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MaxOff View Post
Another big lie, or total incompetence on outsparks site. u can choose what fits best.

Reason: To change the game servers the only thing u have to do is change a 1 or 2 parameters(depending if u want to use a different PayShop) and the game connects to the new server.

The Client also has no problem on being installed 2 times, after all he doesn't use the registery. Even the Launcher can be configurated in a way so that he supports 2 different versions of fiesta, inclusive separate patch server, etc.

Edit:

I just remembered that when outspark was so nice to publish the source of the launcher i found a feature that changes the patch from the official to the debug patch server.... If they would actually use that feature i could understand SKING argumentation, but it just would emphasis there incompetence.
A smarter solutions would be to keep both version separate on the hd and in the launcher.
Tip: The fiesta test version is different game then the fiesta official version
So quick to judge when I chose not to release certain information.

It's more about doing it right than doing it ghettofied. There are security issues to consider which I'm sure you know all about.