View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #107
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
...that didnt really address anything i said, but i'll repeat myself.

He has the power, but knows he wont use it. he could, but knows he wont.

If i gave you a detonator, you know you wouldnt use it, but you have the power to. Correct?

And as for the stone thing, he would have to power himself down temporarily, i guess.

And it's of no fault of yours, and no flaw in your character; The FIRST sin stained humanity. that's all.

He might be able to trancend logic, but i condcede that it was an innaccurate comparison. all apologies.

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Yes, but if he is omnipotent, he could find an alternative way and have a way for us to do those things. You make it sound like we're his playthings.

If by child, you mean Adam and Eve... then.... I honestly have no idea how to respond to that. Nor really how it relates to what I've posted. But if the parent knew beforehand (being omniscient and all) that the child was going to disregard his advice... and doesn't do anything to stop him... isn't that bad parenting? I think this is kind of a bad analogy. But notwithstanding, there's something that clashes with this idea that God would tell man to do one thing, knowing well that man is clearly not going to to listen...

Feel free to do any search on the web for them. They're fairly common (and I'm not talking about sources where there's a clearly anti-religion slant or even Wikipedia. Respectable sources ie. universities)
You're looking at him in an incorrect way.

You're looking at him as if he decides to control our lives; but you're leaving out one key decision that he made while making us:

He gave us free will. When you choose to do wrong, is God at fault? or is it you? he gave us freedom. He understands the value of choice. He leaves it to us to learn the right choices and the wrong ones.

And no, it's not bad parenting. It's not good if you're forced into it. There is no good choice without a wrong one.

Last edited by Jikanu; 04-13-2009 at 05:06 PM..