View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #22
moparisthebest
Mushroom Fighter

Current Level: 6x
Server: Apoline
moparisthebest is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Have you ever wondered why "the F word" is considered a swear word and not an ordinary word? Though we may not stop kids from visiting other sites that exposes them to such material, we can stop it from happening here and since we can do that, we wish to do so.

You may not think there's anything wrong with it, but there are young kids here who may not be exposed to such words as much as you do. There are also adults with children here, who may disapprove of excessive swearing. You may not see a problem, but that does not mean the whole FiestaFan community will see the same way as you.

Please be considerate for others when posting here. Occasional swearing is okay, but when it gets to the level of swearing you had done originally, it is over the line. There is really no need to include swear words so many times. You can have a check on the other All The Rage threads, and see how others can express frustration without the use of excessive swearing.

Thank you.

And it is really bad luck about the internet, happens to me too from time to time. Hope it doesn't happen again to you.
I asked a question and all you said was that swearing is not allowed. I'm not going to swear anymore if it's against the rules here. But that does not answer the question of what's so bad about kids seeing it. Because even if they don't see it here, and I doubt they won't, they WILL see it/hear it somewhere. Are you a parent? Have you ever sworn when you were a kid?

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Using it at LEAST 5 times if not more in the title and using it at LEAST 50 times in your post is going overboard. You can get your point across without going to those extremes. There was no sense in it. Put it once in your post and we would have let it stay. using it over and over and over is extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme extreme. <---- did I really need that many? Using it as EVERY OTHER Word over and over and over and over in your post is not needed.

Use discretion.
Okay. So it's okay to use it onece/twice in a thread if we're mad right? What does it make a difference to 50 times if they see it anyway..

Originally Posted by bloodrops View Post
Hey hey, if you're going to complain about something that you're getting nowhere with, just stop it. If you want to allow using F words in forums, how about creating your own where it's PG-13 and using swear words? As long as you're in this forum, you stick to the rules made for this forum. If you have anything more to complain about, I suggest you either stop, or leave. Opinions supporting my idea were already posted, if you're going to say...

again...read the whole thread again, and think things over.

Replying to some of your other posts...

--> Because it was done in some other threads, it doesn't mean you can use it as well. Rules are rules. No matter how many people you see that break the rules, don't follow them.

--> Woo...a generalization..."No kids here cares..." Hmm, first, how do you know? And from who's point of view are you saying that? And yeah, face it, rules are rules. Rules are made to be followed. Talking about rules again, if they're not taken into consideration to follow, the world you live in would be chaotic - face it.

I may have made it too straight forward and they may sound rude to you, but "face it" again...you provoked this. Please take everyone's sayings into consideration and think over about your actions on this thread. Thanks.

Okay lets say I won't do it again. But I think you should stop any thread/post that contains a swear word.

If they already swear or see/hear these words being said why would they care? They aren't going to fuss the whole day about a word.

EDIT: Another question.
What's the point in a "All the Rage" board if swearing isn't allowed? Isn't it for people to release their anger? It doesn't feel good if you just say it plainly.. swearing = feeling better

Last edited by moparisthebest; 06-29-2008 at 12:36 AM..