View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 01:03 AM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
END is very important. Clerics do have a nice chunk of END, but it's almost necessary to have more. In support groups, END can sometimes mean life or death if a monster sneaks up on you.

I will also forever hold on to my view that clerics don't need SPR. That's right, not a single point. You have Divinity to make up for it, and having what? 5% more critical? is the only perk I can see out of investing in it, but you'll be terribly lacking in STR. You will be sacrificing 25 points for SPR, and that will decrease your damage by 30, but in reality, it will be more like 50 against a monster, and 25 against players.

I have proof to back my claims...in a war, I 1v1'ed with another cleric, 1:1 END/SPR. She barely critted on me, if at all, and was doing 30s on me. I was planting 60+ on her, and we were both level 40. Not to mention Bash and Bleed/Trip's damage will increase exponentially rather than constantly with more points in STR.