View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #2
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
TL;DR version: No. Don't touch unless you know what you're doing.

As for details, I will take Triumph's approach here and hit you with research:

Quote:
MSI

MSI is an installer package file format used by Windows. Its name comes from the program's original title, Microsoft Installer, which has since changed to Windows Installer. MSI files are used for installation, storage, and removal of programs.
Source

In this case, the emphasis is on storage and removal. That folder contains files necessary for program updates and clean uninstalls. If you happen to delete something, a program may not work properly. Especially if it's a program you don't use very often, since you'll only notice the results some time later.

Here's another post which goes into a little more detail about %windir%\Installer directory: Details

EDIT:

Have you tried using Windows Disk CleanUp Tool?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.

Last edited by Belaslav; 11-09-2014 at 07:07 PM..
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote