Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #14
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I read a few years ago that in 2014 a meteor or w/e is supposed to fly by Earth.

I have a WW2 bomb shelter in my backyard xD my area used to be a military base and its hidden under our shed. It looks like a dungeon.

But yeah, many many things have been predicted, and they could predict things back then, I'm sure our psychic and holy beings today could predict such things. If it happens, it happens, its better to not know and die going about your regular day then live in fear counting down the days. And I also look at it like this...

Its kind of like pain... if you don't know you have a cut, you won't feel the pain, but once you see it, you feel the pain. Its like things are fine when you don't think about it, but then when you start thinking about it, you screw things up.

What if someone told everyone the world was going to end tomorrow and everyone believed them? The world would go into chaos, 24 hours of anarchy. Then oh shi-- nevermind! We just spent 24 hours fucking things up for ourselves. People have commited suicide, people have killed others, done things they normally wouldn't do.

Thats why I say we shouldn't think about it. If its something we can't avoid, no need in worrying about it, no batteries, water bottles or canned food is going to save you. But if its something like world affairs, yes... that is avoidable, but perhaps knowing if it were world affairs would be best to avoid knowing as well, because people would go paranoid and stress out over preventing it.

Last edited by Yosei; 04-23-2009 at 10:34 PM..