View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
Your analysis is quite interesting really. The key point is that game economics is not like real world economics because there is no real risk and is like real world economics because we are all human.

I am frequently asked by my guildies "how much is this worth?" refering to some green drop. "Its worth what someone is willing to pay" I reply. Priceing mats is easy because you have NPC buy/sell prices to compair. Finished goods such as stones, scrolls, and potions it pays to shop for competitive pricing and buy/sell accordingly.

Greens, now there is the tricky one. How do you price a green? First off there is the level. There is no point in asking for gold on a lev20 bow unenhanced as it's unlikely that a lev 20 has gold reguardless of the specs.

I would like to see an analysis of greens pricing. What specs are most desired by which class? What defines a "godly" peice of gear?

In my own gear i seek a balance/mix of specs and i suspect that others do the same unless they have chosen a pure biuld of some kind.