View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
A personal perspective on the evolution of physics

The decision to pursue physics in my tertiary years sprang from a rather naive mindset of my youth: the belief that this constantly evolving field had cracked open the chest of mysteries that we normally call ‘life’. As much as I struggle to recall the specific impetus that drove such an arrogant assumption, I am equally satisfied that my desire, founded on a false basis, has led to my current understanding of the truth – not the truth of life but the truth of reality. The proverbial notion that our knowledge of the universe is like a grain of sand on the beach became increasingly apparent as I peered more deeply into the silicinate structure of the physical realm as portrayed by the brilliant minds of the past and present.

Like all things, my pursuit has reached its end because I have set my heart on another discipline. Thus, I am compelled to illuminate just a corner of the vast crystal that is physics and filter the reflected light through the polaroid that is my perception in the spirit of advancing, publicising and sharing the accomplishments that subserve our quest for knowledge and ultimately, the understanding of life.

This is written from my own memory and understanding. Should an error be found, please let me know.

-------------------------------------------------
lamchopz is offline   Reply With Quote