Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 02:51 AM   #11
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light

Death and remains don't bother me, but traumatic accidents I think will always give some sort of visceral reaction. I was returning home from work one night down some very rural roads and saw a head-on collision, one of which was a mini-van with two children. The van bounced off the car, then rolled a couple of times down the embankment. I called it in and went to see what I could do. Some were already dead, but the rest were insensate, at least. A boy (probably about 9 or 10, it was dark) had a tire iron lodged in his torso. After the cops showed up, I worked one side of the scene, turning away oncoming traffic and giving them alternate routes. I guess it was a good thing my friend had been a funeral director and I had been an a program in high school where we got to "intern" at various hospital departments, otherwise I might have totally lost it.