Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
xDario
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Shade
Current Level: 87 (10% tnl, retierd)
Server: Bijou EU.
xDario is on a distinguished road
Spells
So, spells. The only way for mages to live up to their damage. Between level 1 and 20, you buy them from Skill Master Ruby. Between level 20 and 60 from Enchanter Master Wishis and level 60+ from Skill Master Cyburn.

Active Spells
Magic Missile
(You get this when you start, dont need to buy it.
Upgrades : Level 7-13-19-25-31-37-43)

The spammable spell. An amazing cooldown of 1.8 seconds, this is your main spell at lower levels (after Fire Bolt), and you should empower it as soon as you can, MAX cooldown. I would recommend keeping it untill level 1, but some people beg to differ. Problem with upgrading is that there is a longer cooldown, the damage isn't that amazing and you can't spam it.

Ice Bolt
(A level 3 spell, buy it with all that quest money you get!
Upgrades : Level 9-15-21-27-33-39-45)

I hate Fiesta for giving you this spell before fire bolt, but atleast it gives you time to empower Magic Missile (MM).
This one you upgrade as soon as you can. You have no need to spam this spell ; The reason we have it is to slow the enemey and it has a higher cast range, so you can hit the Monsters (mobs) from farther away.

Do Not empower this spell.

Fire Bolt
(Your cannon attack untill...you hit the 50's. Buy this baby at level 4 and use it the second you get to 5.
Upgrades : Level 11-17-23-29-35-41-47)

Again, i advise not to upgrade this spell.
And here comes the choise of your fiestalife.

If you CANNOT use the Cash shop (real money) you now have the option to empower cooldown and dmg on this, making it to level 50 easier, OR keep the skill points untill level 50 and use them for bigger and better things.
I wouldnt want to affect your choice, but if i were you i would empower Fire Bolt, beg your parents to charge some Taler and then when you hit level 50 buy a skill empowerment reset scroll, and take them off.
If not..i guess keep them!

Lightning Bolt
(You get it at level 7, and this is your second last damage spel untill level 49
Upgrades : 13-19-25-31-37-43-49)

Pretty usless spell, high cooldown and a terrible damage.
BUT, you can run while casting it, so upgrade this spell to make as much damage as you can.
Again, dont empower this spell.

Magic Erruption
(Dont buy this spell, unless you want it twice. If you do want it twice, you can buy it from Item Merchant Nina, otherwise you get this from a quest.
Upgrades : 31-42-53-64-75)

YAAAAAAAAY!!! Our first AoE (Area of Effect). This baby lets you hit monsters around you every five seconds. And since the cooldown doesnt change with upgrades, lets upgrade it, yes?
I personally didnt empower this(Keeeeep yourrr pooinnnttss unntill level 60+), but for thoose who want to, empower its power.

Now, grind for 29 levels and live without new spells

Magic Blast
(Level 49, rush and buy your lovley new spell
Upgrades : 57-65-73)

Finally a new spell!
Yes, it has a casting time, get over it.
now, time to empower! Put this spell on Max damage (you should have skill points if you didnt waste them), and see the monsters die.

Ice Blast
(Level 51
Upgrade : 59-67-75)

Two levels for a new spell...Not bad <3.
Ok, again, dont empower this. Now, another decision. When will you use this? I presonally use it for PvP and PvE, but others diced to keep ice bolt. I will have to do some reaserch and post up about the differences, the only difference i see is a higher casting time and more SP, (therefore slows down more :/).

Fire Ball
(level 53
Upgrade : 61-69-77)

Remember at level 5, that epidemic you had..? "To empower or not too?"
Well this is when you need thoose points. Empower this baby to max damage. Go test test test!! An amazing skill. And upgrade this whenever you can!.

Lightning Blast
(level 57
Upgrade : 65-73)

As usless for close up as its forefather..
Again, use it for running and dont empower it >;D.

Frost Nova
(level 60
Upgrade : 65-70-75)

Level 60! Gratz.
Go buy this spell from the dude in uruga, aswell as..all the other new spells. Empower its Damage and Cooldown, and go to eldz and showoff!

Inferno
(level 67
Upgrade : 77)
A third AoE °_°!
Wow, arnt you glad you choose a mage.
Since you cant enhance Inferno's damage, enhance its cooldown, and were good to go.