View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
Meteo
Mini Pinky

In-Game Name: Meteo
Current Level: dis hat maid of yellow kek~
Meteo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by weavers View Post
the damage difference between lvl 1 ice bolt and lvl 3 ice bolt isn't very much. its about 10pt of damage on a yellow mob, same iwth lighting(well 20 with the debuff). imo save yourself the cash and just use lvl 1 spells, except for firebolt always use highest lvl fire. unless you got tons of silver to burn i wouldn't bother with the higher level ice/lighting bolt or magic missile.
Flyingsnow,

Generally would be a good idea to look at it like Weaver said. Firebolt, you always want to use the latest of, any empowerments to the spells damage really show when you use the latest, upgrade Icebolt if you depend on the slow down effect in your strategy, Magic Missile.. just like he said, no point buying any upgrades for a while.

Speaking of spells I'm thinking Thunderbolt might be nice if it had it's effect empowered, not sure if you can or how much of a difference that would make, but it would be fun to test

To answer the question, i'd say use a good mix of both low and high spells, for all situations.