View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #36
Helion
Yippeekaiyay, Motherfu...

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Helion_65, UndeadMonkey, BigFatDaddy, HackNFool, MonkeysSoul, Horakthy
Current Level: 104/93/86/115/104/64
Server: Teva
Helion is on a distinguished road
Since tricksters can't attack more than 1 mob at a time, I have only seen Soul Trap work on one mob at a time. The skill only targets the mob you are attacking, so if it freezes multiple mobs, it would be a surprise. Harsh blow also only targets 1 mob. It's biggest value, given the slow cast time of the skill, is that it collects 2 souls from the mob. No skill we use as a trickster has a target ring to place as we cast the skill like the AoEs of other characters, so I don't believe that these skills are truly AoEs.

After partying in Dragon's Tomb, Soul Trap can be an AoE, but it is very flawed. The trickster needs either a mage or fighter to slow multiple mobs before it can cast Soul Trap to freeze them, and has to steal a soul to be able to cast it. You have absolutely no control over aiming it - your best bet is to be in the middle of the mage's or fighter's blast circle and cross your fingers. Also, the skill doesn't have a great success rate when cast.

"I support the Missionary's position....."
- Captain Jack Sparrow

Last edited by Helion; 05-11-2011 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: more info
Helion is offline   Reply With Quote