Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #17
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Server: Teva
Manzcar has disabled reputation
If you really do start off with a blank slate how did you come up with the Big Bang Theory. If you truly believe that presuppositions should not be used then you must first throw out the possibility of the Big Bang Theory all together because it started out with assumptions and presuppositions and then the evidence is used to support the theory. But if I then start off with the presupposition and assumption that God created everything and then the use the same evidence to support my presupposition, I am told not to start off with presuppositions. Which is it?

I in no way wrote off science or the evidence that you state shows that the Big Bang Theory as correct. I simply state that if you start with the presupposition that God created everything that the evidence supports it. If you don’t agree with me than show me the evidence that disproves that God created everything.

I am not simply saying I don’t know. I am using the current known evidence and than using your diagram above to formulate my beliefs. I did this long ago. I moved from Big Bang / Evolution to God creation. All evidence that I have seen can support Creation as well as Big Bang. Even the articles that Blaaaaaaahs linked show that scientists don’t know.

This is taken from the article and I am unsure how to quote it properly

Is the standard Big Bang theory the only model consistent with these evidences? No, it's just the most popular one. Internationally renown Astrophysicist George F. R. Ellis explains: "People need to be aware that there is a range of models that could explain the observations….For instance, I can construct you a spherically symmetrical universe with Earth at its center, and you cannot disprove it based on observations….You can only exclude it on philosophical grounds. In my view there is absolutely nothing wrong in that. What I want to bring into the open is the fact that we are using philosophical criteria in choosing our models. A lot of cosmology tries to hide that."

So hey we don’t know guess it was the Big Bang. Huh

And once again you do show the intolerance that I spoke of before. Because I believe in God and creation I am as you put it intellectually lazy. Wow name calling seems like a good response.

I think Blaaaaaaaah put it correctly My belief, My faith, My life, but the only problem is that I am looked down at because of My belief, My faith, My life and then called intellectually lazy, even though no evidence is out there that can disprove that God created everything. Even scientists say that many models exist and none can be proven, but we can’t have one of those being God or creation can we. That would just be intellectually lazy and stupid.

LOKI Thanks!!