View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 01:38 AM   #12
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I never meant to imply you were a simpleton or were in any other way intellectually inferior. It seemed you were ignorant of the subject by how you were phrasing things.

Assumptions are a part of any human endeavour. We have an idea, we have assumptions of how that idea will pan out, then we test it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

In flowchart form:

I've said several times before that if you wish people to believe in your particular cosmology, provide evidence. I've never said "THERE IS NO GOD AND HE DIDN'T CREATE THE UNIVERSE." I've merely said present your evidence. Trust me, if you're sitting on enough credible evidence to support that theory you'll win a Nobel prize. If one makes extraordinary claims, one must have extraordinary evidence.

For all I know, our Big Bang started when another universe turned on their LHC. The fact of the matter is, anything that happenen(d)(s) (this word isn't really applicable, since it doesn't affect our plane of existence, thus doesn't happen as far as our own causality...but I can't think of a better one) outside our own space/time is currently outside of what we can test since it doesn't affect us in any way we can measure at this time. Perhaps its your God. Perhaps its Odin. Perhaps its turtles all the way down. This is a matter for philosophers currently, not scientists.