View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #48
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mof View Post
Mmm let's see... my gut feeling is that one could figure out a pattern for the lower lvls (maybe just +1 or something if you're consistent). The earlier post about computer-generated randomness is correct. It's technically not random, but it's "pseudo-random" because an algorithm generates this randomness; however, it's probably really easy to jumble it up completely.

For example, they could have the randomness based on the current time, or how many items your character currently has in his/her inventory - anything and any combination. So it probably becomes so difficult to find a pattern that it can be deemed impossible.

Having said that though, I'll probably play around with low lvl enhancement after reading these posts when I get time to do it ^^.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
There is no pattern.
...I've said it like 3 times now.

You know, we aren't just saying there's no pattern. It's in the game's files. Random numbers generated.