Thread: Good Build?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I think.. you should just go END + INT... if you really must use the END...

It's better to increase the dmg of your AOE via INT...

I only felt the benefit of SPR when I'm lvl 70 with a blue wand + full lic + crit costume.. otherwise the base crit % of a mage is so low that 25 SPR is not very beneficial...

Just my personal opinion...
OMFG I'm so glad somebody finally said this. Get a suit (even a cheap one), some good in-game earrings, a wand/awesome staff (complete a license on it), some blues around 60-70 that have extra critical on them and I guarantee you'll get frequent criticals. Mage MDEF is high anyway, and it's also high on the gears (even the defaults). I did the math once on SPR, and you only getting like about 40-45 something points into your SPR (with +25 free stat points). There's 70 gears floating around with 32-34 SPR, and 80+ with even more, you just have to look or be ready to grind for them. Either dump those points into INT, but i wouldn't go END, because in the 7x-8x's damn near all the mage gears have crazy END on them. Max END on a mage doesn't do much, you'll only take like 1-2 (maybe 3 depending on your gears) extra hits before you die, which really depends on what your trying to fight, and you'll do way less damage. If you really wanna spend extra points on something other than INT, throw them into DEX. You'll thank me in PvP later.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 04-29-2009 at 12:44 PM..