View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 04:58 AM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
And what exactly does your mom do? A good chunk of jobs with interaction with other people, require urine tests. My sister and her husband made decent money as well, her husband got fired from a job once for failing a urine test, and was forced to go "independent". Don't know if he's managed to get a job since, last I saw him, he didn't have a job. My dad was a taxi driver, it was amongst the few jobs that could fit the kids schedule, but he got fired because my sister left pot in his car, and since he had that on his record, he could no longer get a job as a taxi driver. It was 6 months before he could finally find a job.

I've had friends freaking out or avoid applying for a job because their jobs required them to have one.

And comparing equal rights laws to marijuana laws is a bit extreme IMO. I'm not saying you should always agree with the law, hell, in Virginia, its illegal to have sex in any other position other than missionary. Do you see people in VA making a fuss about it? Its a private thing, keep it to yourself, do it if you want, but if you want it to be something just out on the streets, then people are going to take it differently. But my point still stands, its just a plant, a plant we don't have to have, so who cares if its illegal? Its not the end of the world. But if it discourages even just one person from experimenting with that type of stuff and potentially ending up addicted, if its one less addicting material available to us up front, then I'm fine.

Why don't we make alcohol and cigarettes illegal instead? ;D People can learn how not to be dependent on such things.