Thread: Apathy.
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #13
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
obviously we'll make mistakes, and im not a saint either, of course o.o i previously addressed that. there's no stopping violence, but we can stop the massive scale that it occurs on. We can stop the hatred, we can stop the anger, the depression, the fear. Even the smallest of acts can change a persons life forever. a simple smile to show them that there IS hope out there. the butterfly effect.
First of all. Mini-rant.

Depression is a BIOLOGICAL condition. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. For anyone that thinks the depression is just a psychological condition and that people can "will" themselves out of it by thinking happy thoughts is just deluded. To get rid of depression would be to change human biology.

/end mini-rant

You can't stop anger, fear, hate anymore than you can stop happiness, love, fill in the blank.

You say we can stop the violence on a massive scale. How? By smiling at people? If you can't get rid of the root causes of anger, fear, hate, jealousy (and you can't) etc...., then there will always be violence throughout the world.

Quote:
what more did the queen of england do than the bum, other than being born rich instead of poor? is that fair and just and right?
The world is neither fair nor right.

Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
Im not saying that we'll reach any perfect eutopia, just a decent, sane world. CHILDREN are dying for no reason. The innocent are being gunned down, or blown up, or killed; i understand the occasional murder, but... we're talking mass murders in africa and ireland... it's just horrible ._.
Like they've always been.

Not a good thing. Something we should try to change.

But I'm stating a fact here.

Quote:
Anyway, i assume people would just try to live their lives in happiness. Why do we need money, and power? alot of what massive stars buy is senseless. there's just no point to alot of it... if you live happily, with one you love, some decent entertainment, and enough cash on the side, why do we need much more? why do humans need to rule over others?

I just want things to make sense.
Your broad generalizations are imprecise at best.

Humans want different things. Even you.

Last edited by Ralath; 05-24-2009 at 07:01 AM..