View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I'd say its mostly a Bible-hugging Christian issue and the fact that its different, uncommon.

I say bible-hugging christian because not all christians are against homosexuality and discriminate against it. But there are those who take the bible word for word and when it says one man cannot lie with another man, they assume its saying homosexuality is wrong. But its not just christianity, a lot of religions are against it.

And not to mention, its normal for people to be against or be uncomfortable with something uncommon, and homosexuality, while its becoming more common, is an uncommon thing. Except for select cultures in their day, homosexuality hasn't been seen as natural or normal, just like other sexualities such as pedophilia, which has been around since ancient times. Or even in the early 1900s... people who were mentally challenged were looked at like they had the plague, Hitler would kill mentally challenged people, many people were afraid it was contageous, when they were just born that way.

It makes me think of The Hunch Back of Notre Dame lol.

When you see someone, such as a dwarf, someone with a physical mutation, or something of the likes, you're going to look at them, even if you don't stare like its Jesus riding by on a tricycle, but you're going to look, even if for a second, because its different.