View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #9
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Helion View Post
Kayla's school has block scheduling. I like it more than the all 8 every day I had back when I was in school. Of course, that was when we had to walk to school 10 miles uphill both directions through 5 feet of snow..... but I digress. The block scheduling allows Kayla an extra day to grasp a difficult lesson and seek help if needed, and god knows she will need it this year with Spanish 1. Got to love a teacher that speaks only the foreign language in class to a class of absolute beginners in the language.
Our French teacher was like that. Fresh off the boat from Belgium.

We had a modified block schedule. Seven classes total. Three blocks that alternated every day and a seventh fixed class. Mostly for the jocks to have PE that went right into after-school practice. The block was great for things like band. The time to change classes, prepare, and then put up your horn is fixed, so you end up having more instruction time. I don't know why they'd go back to the old style.